A scrap of cloth, a bottle cap size you want or medication caps, wool, glue, scissors, glue, a clamp.
Cut a circle of fabric the size of the cap and a slightly larger rectangle measuring double the length and width of the cap sides.
Glue the fabric rectangle so that half is inside the cap and the other half on the outside; then paste the fabric circle to the inside bottom of the cap.
Using your wool glue it to the outside of the cap. Begin to cover the fabric starting at the top & working it tightly towards the bottom ... once you get to the base, turn to the cap over and using the glue and tweezers fill the base in. You might like to add a thin glue overcoat to the wool to ensure it doesn't unravel.
And let dry. You can color, varnish or leave it.
You can decorate with colored ribbons etc. Or just fill and wrap.
take the same fabric covered cap
wrap the outside with a wide pleated ribbon
make a handle from thinner ribbons
this tutorial is thanks to "Casa de Bonecas
Plastic ICE CUBE container* Lace * Ribbon * Fabric for towels-diapers-washcloths, etc.* Small plastic tubing, pieces of wood dowel or soft wood for baby bottle and baby powder container * Beads for other bottles* Printed labels
* Hobby cutting mat
* Craft knife * Scissors * Acrylic paints in desired colors * Paintbrushes
* Hobby glue * Clear nail polish * FIMO oven-bake clay
1. Cut out "square" from the ice cube container. Trim with craft knife/scissors to desired height.
2. Paint container desired color. Samples use the standard baby colors, pink for a girl and blue for a boy. Let dry.
3. Glue piece of lace around top edge of basket. Form a ribbon bow and glue centered to front of basket.
TO FILL BASKET:
1. Fold and glue small pieces of fabric into basket for diapers, towels, clothing, washcloths, etc.
2. Make small bars of soap from pieces of FIMO. Bottles can be made by glueing various beads together.
3. A small piece of plastic tube or piece of dowel can be used to form baby bottle. Print, cut out and glue desired labels to bottle.
4. Cut out baby albums, birth cards or desired items. Varnish with clear nail polish for a glossy finish.
5. Arrange items in basket as desired and glue in place.
Miniature Project by Kitty Balke